Friday, July 03, 2026

Gold Coast 2026, July 03

I got up just before 9am and ran to the convention centre, but it was barely 500 metres. There was only a few people already at the venue so I was able to get my bib quickly and then walked through the stores at the expo. In the large Asics are there was one good t-shirt but it was about $150. Afterwards there was lots of shops selling similar products like socks but I didn't buy anything, just got a free milk protein drink on the way out.


I decided to go back to the hotel first to drop stuff off, then got the tram and bus up to the outlets, which is always a very slow trip. At Nike they didn't have any specials but got a Pegasus Premium from the 50% off wall for $95 which was good value. The Asics store surprisingly had some Superblast but the largest size was 11, and I probably didn't have room for more shoes anyway. Afterwards I found a cheap singlet in the Adidas shop, then nothing in New Balance or Puma.


I made it back to the bus top just in time for the next bus and then another slow tram down to Broadbeach, and today it said they were actually going down to Burleigh Heads. I stopped in at Woolworths again for a bit more food and then back to the hotel for lunch. On TV I tried the first episode of Celebrity Escape which was not too bad, and also the highlights of the morning World Cup games.


I had a bit of rest in the afternoon and decide to do a bit of Japan trip planning since I'm running out of time. I started dinner a bit earlier due to the morning schedule and watched another Celebrity Escape.


6690 steps with 0.5 km running

No comments: