Saturday, June 20, 2026

Parramatta 2026, June 20

The two parkruns closest to Parramatta could each by reached by bus rather than train. The Auburn Botanical Garden event was smaller and seemed like a slightly better option of the two, however the only valid weekend departure time was 6:55 and arriving at 7:13, with a 1.5km walk afterwards.


Following the plan I got to the parkrun by about 7:30 and it wasn't too unbearably cold, I tried to find somewhere to sit with a bit of direct sun, and soon the briefings were underway and the race was starting. The course had a narrow path in the first kilometre, and with a turnaround included there was also people running the opposite way so I got a bit stuck where I was.

Surprisingly the leader was only running about 20 minutes, but today I was only aiming for 23 to 25 minutes and not concerned with positions. My hamstrings both felt terrible since I got up, but started to get a bit better during the race. I picked off quite a few people along the way and ended up 6th in a bit over 22 minutes.


After getting back to the hotel I had to pickup my bib from CommBank stadium, which was nearly 2 kilometres away. I didn't want to do that much extra walking each way so looked at bus options from Parramatta station instead, and there was quite a few going in the same general direction.

The bib pickup was very fast, and included a free t-shirt and some very small safety pins. There wasn't much else happening at the expo yet, so it was a quick trip there and back on the bus again to the town centre.


I decided not to make a trip all the way to DFO Homebush because of how my legs were feeling, and I might go to DFO Gold Coast in a couple of weeks anyway. Instead I went to Westfield for a much needed haircut and then some shopping. I got another Top Juice yoghurt for lunch and then back to the hotel to watch Welcome To Wrexham and eat lunch while resting.


I also watched some Twitch streams and rested for a bit in the afternoon, then went back to Westfield shops since it wasn't too far to walk. Nike had 25% off but nothing good in their regular store, so I tried Myer and a few other places. While walking around I put in a Nando's order for pickup and went back to the hotel for dinner. In the evening I prepared for getting up at 6:15 and watched more shows on the laptop.


15397 steps with 5 km running

No comments: